Presidents Letter January 2019
As the New Year is in full swing, Rogue Valley Corvettes is planning for an event filled year with a lot of opportunities to drive our favorite cars in the coming months.
We welcome a new Board of Directors, which include myself as President, Craig Westby as Vice President, Don Silva, Tony Wiggins, and Dave Hartin. Our slate of officers again includes myself, Craig Westby, as well as Donna Garo as Treasurer, and Sande Silva as Secretary.
Our new social committee includes Cheri Doelger as Chairperson, Beth Lama as Spokesperson, Cherie Provancha as membership liaison, Nita Hartin, and Bill Carpenter.
The social committee has been hard at work for the past month planning and scheduling over 40 events for the upcoming year. Just some of the events planned are as follows:
- A two-day trip to Bend with a stop at the High Desert Museum and a road trip on The Cascades Lakes Scenic Byway and culminating with a drive to Eugene for an overnight stay and finally the next days return home a visit to Kings Estate Winery.
- Two separate visits to the Oregon Coast with one of them including an overnight stay at the Mill Resort and Casino in North Bend.
- A possible tour and overnight visit to Beale Air Force Base near Chico California
- A Jet Boat Excursion.
- Multiple Winery Trips and various restaurant visits
- In August Tony Wiggins will lead a group of Rogue Valley Corvette Club members on the Quinquennial Corvette Museum Caravan to Bowling Green Kentucky along with hundreds if not thousands of other Corvette enthusiasts.
- The above is just a small portion of our upcoming activities for 2019. You will not want to miss them.
Additional plans are for some changes to our website as well as more of an active Facebook Page presence to inform everyone of upcoming events as well as photos of past events.
Yes this will be a very busy year for the members of the Rogue Valley Corvette Club. Our club welcomes new members and all our friends to join in and celebrate driving our classic and new Corvettes.